Fourth man arrested in connection with Wembley nightclub shooting
- Credit: Archant
Arrestee held in Pinner over gun incident in Crystals in South Way
A fourth man has been arrested in connection with a shooting in a nightclub in Wembley that left a teenager injured.
Ra Ra Makaveli was celebrating her 18th birthday when she was shot in the leg in Crystals nightclub in South Way, in the early hours of New Years Eve.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in London, held the man in Pinner yesterday (Thursday).
He is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month detectives arrested a bailed three men in connection with the shooting which happened at around 4am.
Recalling the incident, Miss Makaveli said: “There was a big flash and people started running out. Everyone was trying to squeeze through one door and stepping over each other.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
“I ran out with them not realising I had been shot but I collapsed I when I got outside and when I lifted my dress I saw a big hole on my leg.
“I was initially told I had been hit by a firework but when I got to the hospital the police told me I had been shot.”
Following the shooting Brent Police obtained a 24-hour closure which forced the venue to close its doors on New Years Eve following the incident.
The club’s owners voluntarily agreed to keep the venue closed until this weekend as it is due to host an event.