Fourth man arrested in connection with Wembley nightclub shooting
- Credit: Archant
Arrestee held in Pinner over gun incident in Crystals in South Way
A fourth man has been arrested in connection with a shooting in a nightclub in Wembley that left a teenager injured.
Ra Ra Makaveli was celebrating her 18th birthday when she was shot in the leg in Crystals nightclub in South Way, in the early hours of New Years Eve.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime in London, held the man in Pinner yesterday (Thursday).
He is currently in custody.
Earlier this month detectives arrested a bailed three men in connection with the shooting which happened at around 4am.
Recalling the incident, Miss Makaveli said: “There was a big flash and people started running out. Everyone was trying to squeeze through one door and stepping over each other.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
“I ran out with them not realising I had been shot but I collapsed I when I got outside and when I lifted my dress I saw a big hole on my leg.
“I was initially told I had been hit by a firework but when I got to the hospital the police told me I had been shot.”
Following the shooting Brent Police obtained a 24-hour closure which forced the venue to close its doors on New Years Eve following the incident.
The club’s owners voluntarily agreed to keep the venue closed until this weekend as it is due to host an event.