Four men with Brent links wanted for crimes committed abroad
- Credit: Archant
Four of the most dangerous men in London wanted for crimes abroad have connections to Brent.
Today, the Met released the details of 17 suspects who are being hunted in connection with a range of various crimes including murder rape and sexual exploitation of children.
If caught they will be extradited to Belgium, Romania, Poland, Lithuania or Finland, where they will stand trial or sent to prison if they have already been convicted in their absence.
Detectives from Operation Sunfire, who are leading the hunt, have drawn a blank while trying to trace the men which includes Balint Budi, 25, who is wanted by Romanian authorities in connection with human trafficking.
Officers investigating the organised sexual exploitation of girls aged 12 to 17 years in Brasov, Romania between February and March 2010 want to speak to Bunt who they believe could be hiding in Brent.
You may also want to watch:
Patryk Kokoryk, 33, who has links to Brent, Ealing and Harrow, is wanted in his homeland of Poland after he was convicted of a vicious attack in Lublin where his victim was beaten with a table leg in October 2010.
He was sentenced to eight months in jail during his absence.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Tomasz Pieta, 31, is also wanted in Poland after he was convicted of robbery, assaulting a police officer and criminal damage.
He must serve three years, eight months and 18 days in jail for the crimes committed between 2001 and 2006.
Abri Bucpapaj, 35, an Albanian is wanted by Finnish authorities in connection with allegations of rape, assault and threats to kill.
Bucpapaj is being hunted for an assault against a child and a woman, the rape of a woman and threats to kill the woman and a man, in Oulu, Finland between July 2010 and November 2011.
Bucapapaj could be hiding in Brent, Harrow or Barnet
Detective Sergeant Peter Rance, who is leading the operation, said: “The Met is committed to arresting dangerous criminals - whether they are British or foreign nationals.
“We believe that these people are dangerous, so taking them out of our communities and putting them before the courts is of paramount importance.
“If you have information on their whereabouts tell Crimestoppers, so that we can arrest them. If you see them, call 999.”