Four men from Brent are jailed for Shoreditch attack
- Credit: Archant
Victim was beaten senseless outside a cab office
Four thugs who attacked a reveller outside a nightclub which boasts its own swimming pool have been jailed.
Brothers Patrick, 23 and Gerrard Bradley, 25, of Bermans Way, Neasden, Anton Mulley, 23, Dyson Court, Wembley, Thomas Ferrier May, 23, from Harrow, beat Lee Fitzsimmons senseless outside a cab office opposite the Aquariam Nightclub in Shoreditch, east London.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Mr Fitzimmons was taken to hospital and suffered bruising to his forehead, swelling below the eye and a fracture to his left eye socket that could have blinded him.
May, the Bradley brothers and Mulley were all jailed while Josh Brookman, 25, Mitchell Way, Neasden, was given a suspended sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Judge William Kennedy said the attack last December 21 appeared to be revenge for an earlier incident in which Patrick Bradley was assaulted.
CCTV footage shown at the sentencing hearing showed Mr Fitzsimmons trying to seek refuge from the gang in the cab office.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
Judge Kennedy said: “The injury sustained by Mr Fitzsimmons were far from minor and I am urged to say that such injury could have caused blindness in the short, medium or long term.”
All five admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm and of violent disorder.
Ferrier May was jailed for 44 months, Gerrard Bradley received 28 months, Patrick, was handed down 32 months and Mulley will serve 15 months.
Brookman was given an 18 month suspended sentence and ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid work in the community.
Club Aquarium is the only nightclub in the UK to have a swimming pool, open until the nightclub closes at 2am.