Four men from Brent are jailed for Shoreditch attack
- Credit: Archant
Victim was beaten senseless outside a cab office
Four thugs who attacked a reveller outside a nightclub which boasts its own swimming pool have been jailed.
Brothers Patrick, 23 and Gerrard Bradley, 25, of Bermans Way, Neasden, Anton Mulley, 23, Dyson Court, Wembley, Thomas Ferrier May, 23, from Harrow, beat Lee Fitzsimmons senseless outside a cab office opposite the Aquariam Nightclub in Shoreditch, east London.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard Mr Fitzimmons was taken to hospital and suffered bruising to his forehead, swelling below the eye and a fracture to his left eye socket that could have blinded him.
May, the Bradley brothers and Mulley were all jailed while Josh Brookman, 25, Mitchell Way, Neasden, was given a suspended sentence.
You may also want to watch:
Judge William Kennedy said the attack last December 21 appeared to be revenge for an earlier incident in which Patrick Bradley was assaulted.
CCTV footage shown at the sentencing hearing showed Mr Fitzsimmons trying to seek refuge from the gang in the cab office.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 6 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 9 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 10 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
Judge Kennedy said: “The injury sustained by Mr Fitzsimmons were far from minor and I am urged to say that such injury could have caused blindness in the short, medium or long term.”
All five admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm and of violent disorder.
Ferrier May was jailed for 44 months, Gerrard Bradley received 28 months, Patrick, was handed down 32 months and Mulley will serve 15 months.
Brookman was given an 18 month suspended sentence and ordered to do 150 hours of unpaid work in the community.
Club Aquarium is the only nightclub in the UK to have a swimming pool, open until the nightclub closes at 2am.