Five years in jail for Harlesden drug dealer who stashed gun in his home
Court hears he was caught after being stopped and searched
A drug dealer who stashed a gun in his Harlesden home has been jailed for five years.
Michael Gichaga, 24, of Craven Park Road, was snared after officers found him in possession of crack cocaine, heroin and cannabis after he was stopped and searched near his home on July 7.
Following the discovery, officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime, raided his home the next day where they found a firearm.
At Isleworth Crown Court Gichaga admitted three counts of possession with intent to supply a controlled drug of Class A and possessing controlled drug with intent to supply Class B.
You may also want to watch:
He was jailed for five years after pleading guilty to possessing a firearm.
In addition, Gichaga was also given a 10 month jail term for possession of crack cocaine, eight months for possession of heroin and two months for possession of cannabis.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
He will serve the three sentences concurrently with his jail term for the firearm charge.
PC Jamie Hoile from Harlesden Safer Neighbourhoods Team said: “We are pleased to see this man taken off the streets of Brent.
“His conviction and sentence sends out a clear message to drug dealers across Brent borough that Police take drug dealing and possession of firearms very seriously and a no tolerance approach is taken.”