Five arrested following smash-and-grab raids inside Brent Cross shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested following a smash-and-grab raid at two jewellers inside Brent Cross shopping centre this morning.
The robbers used sledge hammers and pick-axes to smash their windows of Goldsmiths and Ernest Jones at around 2.30am.
Police believe at least 12 suspects carried out the raids before escaping on foot and bicycles with thousands of pounds worth of watches and jewellery.
The five men in their 20s and 30s arrested on suspicion of robbery five men were held after the area was searched by officers with the support of police dogs and a helicopter.
Officers recovered some of the stolen goods.
You may also want to watch:
The hunt continues to find the suspects and the remaining stolen goods.
Inspector Fifi Gulam-Husen from Barnet Police said: “The public should be reassured that Met officers respond rapidly around the clock to tackle crime across London.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 5 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
“This morning’s arrests demonstrate our determination to act with speed, intelligence and tenacity to catch criminals and to keep Londoners safe.”