Five arrested following smash-and-grab raids inside Brent Cross shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested following a smash-and-grab raid at two jewellers inside Brent Cross shopping centre this morning.
The robbers used sledge hammers and pick-axes to smash their windows of Goldsmiths and Ernest Jones at around 2.30am.
Police believe at least 12 suspects carried out the raids before escaping on foot and bicycles with thousands of pounds worth of watches and jewellery.
The five men in their 20s and 30s arrested on suspicion of robbery five men were held after the area was searched by officers with the support of police dogs and a helicopter.
Officers recovered some of the stolen goods.
The hunt continues to find the suspects and the remaining stolen goods.
Inspector Fifi Gulam-Husen from Barnet Police said: “The public should be reassured that Met officers respond rapidly around the clock to tackle crime across London.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
“This morning’s arrests demonstrate our determination to act with speed, intelligence and tenacity to catch criminals and to keep Londoners safe.”