Five arrested after rivals clash following Spurs V Crystal Palace match in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after a Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace match at Wembley Stadium descended into violence.
CCTV footage captured a clash between two rival groups of fans in Empire Way at around 3.15pm on November 5.
Officers from the Met’s Central Football Unit arrested all five men at a number of addresses in South London and Kent on November 28, Scotland Yard said.
The men, who are 44-years-old, 31-years-old, a 24-year-old and two 21-year-olds, were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Sgt Dave Hine of the Met’s Football Policing Unit said: “It is a priority for us to ensure that the public are not inconvenienced or alarmed by the behaviour of disorderly people either before or after football matches.
You may also want to watch:
“Today’s arrests clearly demonstrate the continued efforts of police to identify and apprehend those who are intent on causing violence and disorder at football matches.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting