Five arrested after rivals clash following Spurs V Crystal Palace match in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after a Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace match at Wembley Stadium descended into violence.
CCTV footage captured a clash between two rival groups of fans in Empire Way at around 3.15pm on November 5.
Officers from the Met’s Central Football Unit arrested all five men at a number of addresses in South London and Kent on November 28, Scotland Yard said.
The men, who are 44-years-old, 31-years-old, a 24-year-old and two 21-year-olds, were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Sgt Dave Hine of the Met’s Football Policing Unit said: “It is a priority for us to ensure that the public are not inconvenienced or alarmed by the behaviour of disorderly people either before or after football matches.
You may also want to watch:
“Today’s arrests clearly demonstrate the continued efforts of police to identify and apprehend those who are intent on causing violence and disorder at football matches.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named