Five arrested after rivals clash following Spurs V Crystal Palace match in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after a Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace match at Wembley Stadium descended into violence.
CCTV footage captured a clash between two rival groups of fans in Empire Way at around 3.15pm on November 5.
Officers from the Met’s Central Football Unit arrested all five men at a number of addresses in South London and Kent on November 28, Scotland Yard said.
The men, who are 44-years-old, 31-years-old, a 24-year-old and two 21-year-olds, were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Sgt Dave Hine of the Met’s Football Policing Unit said: “It is a priority for us to ensure that the public are not inconvenienced or alarmed by the behaviour of disorderly people either before or after football matches.
You may also want to watch:
“Today’s arrests clearly demonstrate the continued efforts of police to identify and apprehend those who are intent on causing violence and disorder at football matches.”
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks