Five arrested after rivals clash following Spurs V Crystal Palace match in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Five men have been arrested after a Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace match at Wembley Stadium descended into violence.
CCTV footage captured a clash between two rival groups of fans in Empire Way at around 3.15pm on November 5.
Officers from the Met’s Central Football Unit arrested all five men at a number of addresses in South London and Kent on November 28, Scotland Yard said.
The men, who are 44-years-old, 31-years-old, a 24-year-old and two 21-year-olds, were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and have been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Sgt Dave Hine of the Met’s Football Policing Unit said: “It is a priority for us to ensure that the public are not inconvenienced or alarmed by the behaviour of disorderly people either before or after football matches.
You may also want to watch:
“Today’s arrests clearly demonstrate the continued efforts of police to identify and apprehend those who are intent on causing violence and disorder at football matches.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man