Fined: Edgware man who dumped 40 bags of rubbish in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky fly-tipper who drove from his home in Edgware to dump 40 bags of rubbish in green space in Brent has been fined £1,000.
Andrei Victor Crasi, of Waltham Drive, was caught on CCTV throwing the bags containing household waste over bushes in Fryent Way layby in Kingsbury on May 21 this year.
He then drove off not knowing his criminal act and his registration plate was caught on camera.
Last week at Willesden Magistrates Court he admitted illegally dumping the rubbish and was given the fine.
Dennis Lewis, enviro-crime manager at Brent Council said: “The outcome of the case clearly demonstrates just how utterly unacceptable dumping rubbish in our borough is and should serve as a stern warning to others who may consider dumping their waste illegally.
“We will always pursue all avenues to hold offenders to account.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week