Fined: Edgware man who dumped 40 bags of rubbish in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky fly-tipper who drove from his home in Edgware to dump 40 bags of rubbish in green space in Brent has been fined £1,000.
Andrei Victor Crasi, of Waltham Drive, was caught on CCTV throwing the bags containing household waste over bushes in Fryent Way layby in Kingsbury on May 21 this year.
He then drove off not knowing his criminal act and his registration plate was caught on camera.
Last week at Willesden Magistrates Court he admitted illegally dumping the rubbish and was given the fine.
Dennis Lewis, enviro-crime manager at Brent Council said: “The outcome of the case clearly demonstrates just how utterly unacceptable dumping rubbish in our borough is and should serve as a stern warning to others who may consider dumping their waste illegally.
You may also want to watch:
“We will always pursue all avenues to hold offenders to account.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids