Fined: Edgware man who dumped 40 bags of rubbish in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky fly-tipper who drove from his home in Edgware to dump 40 bags of rubbish in green space in Brent has been fined £1,000.
Andrei Victor Crasi, of Waltham Drive, was caught on CCTV throwing the bags containing household waste over bushes in Fryent Way layby in Kingsbury on May 21 this year.
He then drove off not knowing his criminal act and his registration plate was caught on camera.
Last week at Willesden Magistrates Court he admitted illegally dumping the rubbish and was given the fine.
Dennis Lewis, enviro-crime manager at Brent Council said: “The outcome of the case clearly demonstrates just how utterly unacceptable dumping rubbish in our borough is and should serve as a stern warning to others who may consider dumping their waste illegally.
You may also want to watch:
“We will always pursue all avenues to hold offenders to account.”
- 1 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 2 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 3 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 6 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 9 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 10 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing