Fined: Edgware man who dumped 40 bags of rubbish in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky fly-tipper who drove from his home in Edgware to dump 40 bags of rubbish in green space in Brent has been fined £1,000.
Andrei Victor Crasi, of Waltham Drive, was caught on CCTV throwing the bags containing household waste over bushes in Fryent Way layby in Kingsbury on May 21 this year.
He then drove off not knowing his criminal act and his registration plate was caught on camera.
Last week at Willesden Magistrates Court he admitted illegally dumping the rubbish and was given the fine.
Dennis Lewis, enviro-crime manager at Brent Council said: “The outcome of the case clearly demonstrates just how utterly unacceptable dumping rubbish in our borough is and should serve as a stern warning to others who may consider dumping their waste illegally.
You may also want to watch:
“We will always pursue all avenues to hold offenders to account.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill