Fifth man arrested in connection with fatal stabbing of Sven Badzak
- Credit: Jasna Badzak
A fifth man has been arrested in connection with the killing of Sven Badzak in Kilburn.
The 22-year-old aspiring lawyer was stabbed to death in Willesden Lane on February 6 as he waited to buy a bagel.
A post-mortem examination carried out on February 8 confirmed he died of multiple stab wounds.
A 16-year-old male was also found suffering stab injuries after fleeing into a shop on Willesden Lane and is recovering from his injuries, Scotland Yard said.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder today (March 5) and taken into custody at a north London police station where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
Four men previously arrested in connection with the fatal stabbing have all been released on bail.
A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on February 15 and taken to an east London police station.
- 1 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 6 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on February 14 and taken to a north London police station.
A 17-year-old youth was arrested on February 9 and a 19 -year-old on February 10, both on suspicion of murder.
They are all due back from bail in late March.
Anybody with information can call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 5580/06Feb.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers_uk.org.