Fifth man arrested following the Windrush Road fatal shooting of Billy McCullagh
- Credit: Archant
A fifth man has been arrested in connection with a man gunned down in Harlesden.
Billy McCullagh, 27, was found with a fatal gunshot wound to his chest in Windrush Road just after 3am on July 16.
A 26-year-old man was arrested on Friday (October 9) on suspicion of murder,
He remains in custody at a north London police station, Scotland Yard said.
Four other men have been arrested as part of this murder investigation and two of those have been charged.
Officers believe Billy was in a street where a large group of people were outside commemorating the recent deaths of two other people but was not taking part in the event.
A fight broke out and shots were fired and Billy was then found with a fatal injury, Scotland Yard said.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 9 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
A metallic grey Land Rover Discovery was found burnt out in the area of the St Raphael’s Estate shortly after the shooting that police believe could be connected with the incident.