Father-of-one from Harlesden accused of 11 counts of rape and two charges of sexual assault
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Erandi Silva allegedly carried out depraved acts on one woman over four-and-a-half years
A Taekwondo instructor subjected a woman to a four-and-a-half year campaign of rape and sexual assault, a court heard today.
Erandi Silva, 35, of Leghorn Road, Harlesden, is said to have raped the 28-year-old victim 11 times and sexually assaulted her twice between 2007 and 2011.
Westminster Magistrates Court heard the Brazilian national, who moved to the UK 10 years ago, has vowed to clear his name after appearing in court for the first time.
Guy Saul, prosecuting, said: “These are historic abuse allegations between 2007 and 2011.
“The matter was investigated by police in 2011 but it wasn’t proceeded with and no charges were brought.
“The matter was reinvestigated and these are the charges that were brought.”
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 5 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 8 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 9 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Silva arrived at court this morning on police bail but was remanded in custody by magistrates ahead of the next hearing. Niamh Gillen, for Silva, said: “These allegations will be fully contested.
“He maintains he is innocent of all charges.”
Silva, who worked as taekwondo instruction in a London university prior to setting up his own courier business seven years ago, has indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
The married father-of-one spoke only to confirm his identity during today’s court hearing.
He was remanded in custody to appear at Southwark Crown Court on June 26 when he will be asked to enter a plea.
Silva faces 11 counts of rape and two charges of sexual assault.
He has yet to enter any pleas.