Family pay tribute to care worker from Harlesden found dead in Acton hostel
- Credit: Archant
The family of a care worker from Harlesden who was killed while at work in a hostel in Acton have told of their devastation.
Jenny Foote, 38, of Craven Park, Harlesden, was found dead at a supported living service for vulnerable people where she worked last Monday morning.
The university graduate had been working a nightshift.
Her body was found at 6.40am by officers responding to reports of a woman with injuries.
In statement the family said: “We were devastated to hear of the tragic death of our daughter, sister and cousin, Jenny Ann-Marie Foote. Jenny was a loving and caring person who always saw the good in people. As a young woman Jenny was a creative individual with a love of fine art and she had the ability to see the beauty in everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“It comes as a shock to find that someone like Jenny could be killed in such horrific circumstances for doing the job she loved, caring for vulnerable people. Jenny was aware of the risks in her chosen occupation, nonetheless she carried out her work with dedication, compassion, love and understanding for those less fortunate then herself.
“Jenny always greeted you with a smile and had a calming and placid nature about her. She was loved by all her family and friends and her absence will be like a hole in our hearts.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
“During this time of sadness we would like our privacy to mourn her death and respectfully request that we are given that time to reflect and remember the wonderful and beautiful person that she was, without any further intrusion.”
A man has appeared in court charged with her murder.