Ex-Met worker and his brother convicted of child sex offences
A former Metropolitan police worker and his brother have both been found guilty of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl.
Mohammad Imran Shabbir, 34, ex-Met employee, and Muhammad Farhan Shabbir, 25, both of The Hyde, Colindale, were each convicted of sexual assault on the girl last week.
Harrow Crown Court heard Mohammad assaulted the girl at an address in the NW9 area in May 2011.
His brother struck between January and March 2011.
They were arrested in December last year after their victim told a teacher at her school and subsequently charged.
You may also want to watch:
Both will be sentenced on November 22.
Detective Constable Luke Williams, investigating officer, said: “The vulnerable young victim in this case showed great courage in coming forward.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
The Metropolitan Police will tirelessly pursue offenders who exploit the most vulnerable in society.”
Both men were acquitted of another sexual assault on the same girl.