Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- Credit: Met Police
A man was assaulted and robbed of his watch in Wembley Stadium car park after the England - Italy final of Euro 2020.
Shortly before midnight, the 21-year-old victim returned to the yellow car park off Rutherford Way on Sunday, July 11, and was approached by two men.
A Met Police spokesman commented: "A short time later he was assaulted and held by one of the men while his watch was removed from his wrist.
"The victim was understandably shaken but did not sustain any lasting injuries."
Police are now investigating and said a witness may have recorded dashcam footage which could help with a conviction.
You may also want to watch:
An image of the stolen watch has been released by the police, an unusual move in a crime appeal.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0777 667 3655 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 3 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 4 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 5 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 9 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 10 Letter on Kilburn Square
On Sunday, July 18, a 24-year-old man was arrested in Liverpool on suspicion of robbery. He has been bailed to return on a date in mid August.