Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- Credit: Met Police
A man was assaulted and robbed of his watch in Wembley Stadium car park after the England - Italy final of Euro 2020.
Shortly before midnight, the 21-year-old victim returned to the yellow car park off Rutherford Way on Sunday, July 11, and was approached by two men.
A Met Police spokesman commented: "A short time later he was assaulted and held by one of the men while his watch was removed from his wrist.
"The victim was understandably shaken but did not sustain any lasting injuries."
Police are now investigating and said a witness may have recorded dashcam footage which could help with a conviction.
You may also want to watch:
An image of the stolen watch has been released by the police, an unusual move in a crime appeal.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0777 667 3655 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 7 Charlotte Fraser inspires Brent girls to victory at Regents Park
- 8 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 9 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
On Sunday, July 18, a 24-year-old man was arrested in Liverpool on suspicion of robbery. He has been bailed to return on a date in mid August.