Elderly woman targeted by robber as she walks home from temple
Victim, 70, has her necklace snatched in Grasmere Avenue
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman was the victim of a necklace snatch in Wembley.
The 70-year-old woman was attacked from behind as she walked in Grasmere Avenue, on June 29 at 2.30pm.
After stealing her necklace the robber fled in a red getaway car that was waiting for him.
The suspect is a black teenager aged around 18.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a red hooded top with black or dark blue jeans.
Detective Sergeant Feeney from Brent Police said: “This is an unprovoked attack on an elderly female who was making her way home from the temple, given the time of day and the fact it is a busy road junction.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 7 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 8 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 9 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
- 10 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
“I would urge anyone who has any information to contact me.”
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymous on 0800 555 111.