Elderly woman targeted by robber as she walks home from temple
Victim, 70, has her necklace snatched in Grasmere Avenue
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman was the victim of a necklace snatch in Wembley.
The 70-year-old woman was attacked from behind as she walked in Grasmere Avenue, on June 29 at 2.30pm.
After stealing her necklace the robber fled in a red getaway car that was waiting for him.
The suspect is a black teenager aged around 18.
He was wearing a red hooded top with black or dark blue jeans.
Detective Sergeant Feeney from Brent Police said: “This is an unprovoked attack on an elderly female who was making her way home from the temple, given the time of day and the fact it is a busy road junction.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 8 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
“I would urge anyone who has any information to contact me.”
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymous on 0800 555 111.