Elderly woman targeted by robber as she walks home from temple
Victim, 70, has her necklace snatched in Grasmere Avenue
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman was the victim of a necklace snatch in Wembley.
The 70-year-old woman was attacked from behind as she walked in Grasmere Avenue, on June 29 at 2.30pm.
After stealing her necklace the robber fled in a red getaway car that was waiting for him.
The suspect is a black teenager aged around 18.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a red hooded top with black or dark blue jeans.
Detective Sergeant Feeney from Brent Police said: “This is an unprovoked attack on an elderly female who was making her way home from the temple, given the time of day and the fact it is a busy road junction.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“I would urge anyone who has any information to contact me.”
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymous on 0800 555 111.