Elderly woman targeted by robber as she walks home from temple
Victim, 70, has her necklace snatched in Grasmere Avenue
Police are appealing for information after an elderly woman was the victim of a necklace snatch in Wembley.
The 70-year-old woman was attacked from behind as she walked in Grasmere Avenue, on June 29 at 2.30pm.
After stealing her necklace the robber fled in a red getaway car that was waiting for him.
The suspect is a black teenager aged around 18.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a red hooded top with black or dark blue jeans.
Detective Sergeant Feeney from Brent Police said: “This is an unprovoked attack on an elderly female who was making her way home from the temple, given the time of day and the fact it is a busy road junction.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
“I would urge anyone who has any information to contact me.”
Anyone with information should call 020 8733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymous on 0800 555 111.