Elderly woman robbed at knifepoint in her Brent home
- Credit: Archant
Two thugs who robbed an 87-year-old woman at knifepoint in her own home are being hunted by police.
Detectives have released images of jewellery stolen during the raid just before 6.30pm on Wednesday last week in the hope of tracking the pair.
The victim was at home on the North Circular Road when two men came in from the back garden, one of whom held a knife to her throat and told her they would hurt her if she didn’t stay quiet.
They then went upstairs and stolen £1,000 in cash and gold jewellery, including the necklace, ring and bangles pictured.
One of the men was black, about 5ft 10in and was wearing navy blue trousers, a navy shirt and a cap.
You may also want to watch:
The other was white, slim and had a moustache. He was wearing a maroon shirt and thought to be in his late teens.
Police say anyone who has seen the jewellery for sale should get in touch.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 3 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 4 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 8 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
Det Con Pinnu of Brent CID said: “If you were in the area at around 18:25hrs please contact police. You may have seen something that you don’t think is important but could massively help our investigation.”
Anyone with any information can contact police on 101 and quote CAD 6607/23May or tweet @MetCC. Contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.