Elderly man injured in fall after thug snatches his walking stick to use as a weapon in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
An elderly man suffered head injuries after falling over when a thug snatched his walking stick to use as a weapon during a street fight in Kilburn.
Horrified shoppers witnessed the victim tumble to the ground after his walking aid was grabbed outside Argos in Kilburn High Road.
The man then used the stick to attack another male.
The incident happened on January 16 at around noon but the details have only been released by the police today as part of an appeal.
Officers are appealing for the victim, who was wearing a grey hooded top and jeans, and any witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
The man who snatched the stick is black, aged between 20 and 25 years old, approximately 5ft 5ins tall and was wearing all black clothing
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Skowronon 0208 733 3143 or 101. Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai