Elderly bank customer targeted by pickpockets in Wembley
Thieves steal large amount of cash from 80-year-old man
The hunt is on to find two cowardly thieves who distracted an elderly man to steal a large amount of cash from him in Wembley.
The 80-year-old victim had withdrawn the money from Natwest Bank in the High Road before he was targeted by the pair.
He had boarded an 83 bus towards Alperton when he was approached by the two men who produced a large tube map and asked for directions.
The victim realised his money was missing when he came off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The theft occurred on December 5 at around 11.50am.
Both suspects were white with one describes as being is around 6ft tall, 20-25 years-old with dark short hair and was wearing a white shirt and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
The second is 5ft 7ins tall, 40-years-old, of stocky build and was wearing a white shirt with dark coloured trousers.
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 0208 733 3809 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111