Elderly bank customer targeted by pickpockets in Wembley
Thieves steal large amount of cash from 80-year-old man
The hunt is on to find two cowardly thieves who distracted an elderly man to steal a large amount of cash from him in Wembley.
The 80-year-old victim had withdrawn the money from Natwest Bank in the High Road before he was targeted by the pair.
He had boarded an 83 bus towards Alperton when he was approached by the two men who produced a large tube map and asked for directions.
The victim realised his money was missing when he came off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The theft occurred on December 5 at around 11.50am.
Both suspects were white with one describes as being is around 6ft tall, 20-25 years-old with dark short hair and was wearing a white shirt and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
The second is 5ft 7ins tall, 40-years-old, of stocky build and was wearing a white shirt with dark coloured trousers.
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 0208 733 3809 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111