Elderly bank customer targeted by pickpockets in Wembley
Thieves steal large amount of cash from 80-year-old man
The hunt is on to find two cowardly thieves who distracted an elderly man to steal a large amount of cash from him in Wembley.
The 80-year-old victim had withdrawn the money from Natwest Bank in the High Road before he was targeted by the pair.
He had boarded an 83 bus towards Alperton when he was approached by the two men who produced a large tube map and asked for directions.
The victim realised his money was missing when he came off the bus.
You may also want to watch:
The theft occurred on December 5 at around 11.50am.
Both suspects were white with one describes as being is around 6ft tall, 20-25 years-old with dark short hair and was wearing a white shirt and dark coloured trousers.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
The second is 5ft 7ins tall, 40-years-old, of stocky build and was wearing a white shirt with dark coloured trousers.
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 0208 733 3809 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111