Eighth man arrested in Wembley Crystals nightclub shooting investigation
- Credit: Archant
Source tells the Times 23-year-old is from the Church Road area in Willesden
An eighth man has been arrested in connection with a shooting that left a teenager wounded in a Wembley nightclub.
The 23-year-old was held yesterday following the incident at Crystals in South Way in the early hours of New Year’s Eve.
The police have refused to say where he is from or where he was arrested but a source has told the Times he is from the Church Road area in Willesden.
Ra Ra Makaveli was celebrating her 18th birthday when she was shot in the leg after a gunman burst into the venue at about 4am.
You may also want to watch:
Recalling the incident, Miss Makaveli, from Willesden, said: “There was a big flash and people started running out. Everyone was trying to squeeze through one door and stepping over each other.
“I ran out with them not realising I had been shot but I collapsed I when I got outside and when I lifted my dress I saw a big hole on my leg.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 7 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 8 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 9 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 10 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
“I was initially told I had been hit by a firework but when I got to the hospital the police told me I had been shot.”
Following the shooting Brent Police obtained a 24-hour closure which forced the venue to close its doors on New Years Eve following the incident.
The club’s owners voluntarily agreed to keep the venue closed the middle of this month.
The arrested man was bailed to return to a police station at the end of March.
Seven other males arrested earlier this month have also been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.