Eighth man arrested in Wembley Crystals nightclub shooting investigation
- Credit: Archant
Source tells the Times 23-year-old is from the Church Road area in Willesden
An eighth man has been arrested in connection with a shooting that left a teenager wounded in a Wembley nightclub.
The 23-year-old was held yesterday following the incident at Crystals in South Way in the early hours of New Year’s Eve.
The police have refused to say where he is from or where he was arrested but a source has told the Times he is from the Church Road area in Willesden.
Ra Ra Makaveli was celebrating her 18th birthday when she was shot in the leg after a gunman burst into the venue at about 4am.
Recalling the incident, Miss Makaveli, from Willesden, said: “There was a big flash and people started running out. Everyone was trying to squeeze through one door and stepping over each other.
“I ran out with them not realising I had been shot but I collapsed I when I got outside and when I lifted my dress I saw a big hole on my leg.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
“I was initially told I had been hit by a firework but when I got to the hospital the police told me I had been shot.”
Following the shooting Brent Police obtained a 24-hour closure which forced the venue to close its doors on New Years Eve following the incident.
The club’s owners voluntarily agreed to keep the venue closed the middle of this month.
The arrested man was bailed to return to a police station at the end of March.
Seven other males arrested earlier this month have also been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.