Eighth man arrested in Wembley Crystals nightclub shooting investigation
- Credit: Archant
Source tells the Times 23-year-old is from the Church Road area in Willesden
An eighth man has been arrested in connection with a shooting that left a teenager wounded in a Wembley nightclub.
The 23-year-old was held yesterday following the incident at Crystals in South Way in the early hours of New Year’s Eve.
The police have refused to say where he is from or where he was arrested but a source has told the Times he is from the Church Road area in Willesden.
Ra Ra Makaveli was celebrating her 18th birthday when she was shot in the leg after a gunman burst into the venue at about 4am.
Recalling the incident, Miss Makaveli, from Willesden, said: “There was a big flash and people started running out. Everyone was trying to squeeze through one door and stepping over each other.
“I ran out with them not realising I had been shot but I collapsed I when I got outside and when I lifted my dress I saw a big hole on my leg.
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“I was initially told I had been hit by a firework but when I got to the hospital the police told me I had been shot.”
Following the shooting Brent Police obtained a 24-hour closure which forced the venue to close its doors on New Years Eve following the incident.
The club’s owners voluntarily agreed to keep the venue closed the middle of this month.
The arrested man was bailed to return to a police station at the end of March.
Seven other males arrested earlier this month have also been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.