Drunk driver fined after using fake police ID to get a discount at McDonald’s in Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
A drunk driver who impersonated police to get a discounted McDonald’s meal in Wembley Park has been fined more than £1,100.
Vinod Patel was a driving a Mercedes after buying himself a discounted meal, when he reversed at speed towards some police officers in the Stadium Retail Park car park on November 25,
Officers had approached the 49-year-old to give words of advice about using his mirrors but he swore at them, flashed a police warrant card and sped off, Scotland Yard said.
The officers chased the Patel’s car and he was stopped on Bridge Road.
Patel, of Westfield Gardens, Harrow, was breathalysed and was found to be over the legal limit for alcohol whilst driving.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s receipt found in his car showed he had used fake Metropolitan Police ID to get a discount on his meal.
He pleaded guilty to impersonating a police officer, drink driving and fraud at Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
He was disqualified for 12 months and fined £1,159.
His warrant card was seized and destroyed.