Drunk driver fined after using fake police ID to get a discount at McDonald’s in Wembley Park
- Credit: Archant
A drunk driver who impersonated police to get a discounted McDonald’s meal in Wembley Park has been fined more than £1,100.
Vinod Patel was a driving a Mercedes after buying himself a discounted meal, when he reversed at speed towards some police officers in the Stadium Retail Park car park on November 25,
Officers had approached the 49-year-old to give words of advice about using his mirrors but he swore at them, flashed a police warrant card and sped off, Scotland Yard said.
The officers chased the Patel’s car and he was stopped on Bridge Road.
Patel, of Westfield Gardens, Harrow, was breathalysed and was found to be over the legal limit for alcohol whilst driving.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s receipt found in his car showed he had used fake Metropolitan Police ID to get a discount on his meal.
He pleaded guilty to impersonating a police officer, drink driving and fraud at Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 3 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 4 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 5 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 6 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 7 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 8 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 9 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
He was disqualified for 12 months and fined £1,159.
His warrant card was seized and destroyed.