Drugs den in Colindale is closed down
- Credit: Archant
A flat in Colindale which was being used as a drugs den has been closed down and its tenants face eviction.
Police took action following complaints from locals that the property in Jet Court, Great Strand, was being used by drug sellers and users making it a magnet for anti-social behaviour and late night disturbances.
Officers from Colindale’s Neighbourhood Policing Team obtained a three-month closure order on the property from Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
Police teamed up with Barnet Council and Genesis Housing Association, who manage the flat, to gather vital evidence.
The tenants are currently in the process of being evicted.
You may also want to watch:
PC Thomas Bolton, who led the operation, said: “Colindale Neighbourhood Policing Team is here to work with our partner agencies to try and ensure that the area is respected and enjoyable to live, visit or work in.
“We try our utmost to work together to ensure that our law abiding residents are looked after and not made to suffer by the disrespectful actions of the few. Without the information from the public we would not have achieved such a quick and successful result.”
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Young winners excel at Queen's Park Book Festival
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'