Drugs den in Colindale is closed down
- Credit: Archant
A flat in Colindale which was being used as a drugs den has been closed down and its tenants face eviction.
Police took action following complaints from locals that the property in Jet Court, Great Strand, was being used by drug sellers and users making it a magnet for anti-social behaviour and late night disturbances.
Officers from Colindale’s Neighbourhood Policing Team obtained a three-month closure order on the property from Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
Police teamed up with Barnet Council and Genesis Housing Association, who manage the flat, to gather vital evidence.
The tenants are currently in the process of being evicted.
You may also want to watch:
PC Thomas Bolton, who led the operation, said: “Colindale Neighbourhood Policing Team is here to work with our partner agencies to try and ensure that the area is respected and enjoyable to live, visit or work in.
“We try our utmost to work together to ensure that our law abiding residents are looked after and not made to suffer by the disrespectful actions of the few. Without the information from the public we would not have achieved such a quick and successful result.”
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent