Drugs den in Colindale is closed down
- Credit: Archant
A flat in Colindale which was being used as a drugs den has been closed down and its tenants face eviction.
Police took action following complaints from locals that the property in Jet Court, Great Strand, was being used by drug sellers and users making it a magnet for anti-social behaviour and late night disturbances.
Officers from Colindale’s Neighbourhood Policing Team obtained a three-month closure order on the property from Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
Police teamed up with Barnet Council and Genesis Housing Association, who manage the flat, to gather vital evidence.
The tenants are currently in the process of being evicted.
You may also want to watch:
PC Thomas Bolton, who led the operation, said: “Colindale Neighbourhood Policing Team is here to work with our partner agencies to try and ensure that the area is respected and enjoyable to live, visit or work in.
“We try our utmost to work together to ensure that our law abiding residents are looked after and not made to suffer by the disrespectful actions of the few. Without the information from the public we would not have achieved such a quick and successful result.”
- 1 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 2 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 3 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 5 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 6 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 7 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 8 Primary school in Kilburn back open after staff member contracted Covid
- 9 Free online double documentary and conversation with artists of the Windrush generation
- 10 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park