Driver robbed at gunpoint in quiet West Hampstead street
- Credit: Archant
A terrified driver was robbed at gunpoint in his car by an armed gang in West Hampstead on election day.
The three attackers, described by detectives as black males in their teens or early 20s, grabbed a watch and diamond ring from the male driver in leafy Dynham Road before fleeing.
Officers from the Met’s firearms unit rushed to the scene near the junction with Hemstal Road at 3:35pm on Thursday afternoon.
A Met spokesman said: “The driver did not require hospital treatment.”
“ As this is an ongoing investigation we cannot give any more details about the incident or the type of firearms used.”
You may also want to watch:
They appealed for anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 3 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 9 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 10 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton