Driver robbed at gunpoint in quiet West Hampstead street
- Credit: Archant
A terrified driver was robbed at gunpoint in his car by an armed gang in West Hampstead on election day.
The three attackers, described by detectives as black males in their teens or early 20s, grabbed a watch and diamond ring from the male driver in leafy Dynham Road before fleeing.
Officers from the Met’s firearms unit rushed to the scene near the junction with Hemstal Road at 3:35pm on Thursday afternoon.
A Met spokesman said: “The driver did not require hospital treatment.”
“ As this is an ongoing investigation we cannot give any more details about the incident or the type of firearms used.”
You may also want to watch:
They appealed for anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium