Driver robbed at gunpoint in quiet West Hampstead street
- Credit: Archant
A terrified driver was robbed at gunpoint in his car by an armed gang in West Hampstead on election day.
The three attackers, described by detectives as black males in their teens or early 20s, grabbed a watch and diamond ring from the male driver in leafy Dynham Road before fleeing.
Officers from the Met’s firearms unit rushed to the scene near the junction with Hemstal Road at 3:35pm on Thursday afternoon.
A Met spokesman said: “The driver did not require hospital treatment.”
“ As this is an ongoing investigation we cannot give any more details about the incident or the type of firearms used.”
You may also want to watch:
They appealed for anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!