Driver robbed at gunpoint in quiet West Hampstead street
- Credit: Archant
A terrified driver was robbed at gunpoint in his car by an armed gang in West Hampstead on election day.
The three attackers, described by detectives as black males in their teens or early 20s, grabbed a watch and diamond ring from the male driver in leafy Dynham Road before fleeing.
Officers from the Met’s firearms unit rushed to the scene near the junction with Hemstal Road at 3:35pm on Thursday afternoon.
A Met spokesman said: “The driver did not require hospital treatment.”
“ As this is an ongoing investigation we cannot give any more details about the incident or the type of firearms used.”
You may also want to watch:
They appealed for anyone with information to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton