Driver robbed at gunpoint after thieves ram his car in Staples Corner
- Credit: Archant
Robbers stole a ‘substantial’amount of cash out of victim’s boot
Brent Police are appealing for information after a driver was robbed at gunpoint after his car was rammed in Staples Corner.
The victim had driven his silver Toyota Avensis out of Staples Corner Industrial Estate when a dark car, believed to be a VW Golf or similar, smashed into the back of him.
A man, is believed to have been brandishing a firearm, got out of the dark car opened the boot of the victim’s car and stole a bag containing a substantial quantity of cash.
He got back into the vehicle which sped off along the A5 towards Hendon.
Brent Police released details about the robbery, which happened on May 20 at around 6.550pm, today.
T/DC Tom Palmer, investigating officer, said: “I am appealing to anyone who saw what happened to contact me. This was rush hour at a busy junction and it is hoped that someone will have seen the incident or the male involved.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 2 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 3 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 4 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 5 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 6 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 7 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 8 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 9 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 10 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8733 3250 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.