Drinker shoots himself in Kilburn pub
- Credit: Archant
Man arrested following gun incident in The Golden Egg pub last night
A man has been arrested after shooting himself in his leg in a pub in Kilburn last night.
The drinker, who is in his late 20s, injured himself in The Golden Egg pub in Kilburn High Road.
His gun is believed to have gone off in the men’s toilets at around 8pm.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg and subsequently arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently in police custody.
A drinker at the pub, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Times they were stopped from leaving the building for two hours while the police interviewed them all.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 10 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
He added: “I saw young white man wheeled into the ambulance and people were saying that he shot himself.
“He was with a group of men earlier so heavens know what he was planning to get up to be out with a gun.”
A police spokesman confirmed to the Times that offficers were not looking for anyone else in connection with incident.
Witnesses are asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.