Drinker shoots himself in Kilburn pub
- Credit: Archant
Man arrested following gun incident in The Golden Egg pub last night
A man has been arrested after shooting himself in his leg in a pub in Kilburn last night.
The drinker, who is in his late 20s, injured himself in The Golden Egg pub in Kilburn High Road.
His gun is believed to have gone off in the men’s toilets at around 8pm.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg and subsequently arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently in police custody.
A drinker at the pub, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Times they were stopped from leaving the building for two hours while the police interviewed them all.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
He added: “I saw young white man wheeled into the ambulance and people were saying that he shot himself.
“He was with a group of men earlier so heavens know what he was planning to get up to be out with a gun.”
A police spokesman confirmed to the Times that offficers were not looking for anyone else in connection with incident.
Witnesses are asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.