Drinker shoots himself in Kilburn pub
- Credit: Archant
Man arrested following gun incident in The Golden Egg pub last night
A man has been arrested after shooting himself in his leg in a pub in Kilburn last night.
The drinker, who is in his late 20s, injured himself in The Golden Egg pub in Kilburn High Road.
His gun is believed to have gone off in the men’s toilets at around 8pm.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg and subsequently arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently in police custody.
A drinker at the pub, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Times they were stopped from leaving the building for two hours while the police interviewed them all.
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 7 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
He added: “I saw young white man wheeled into the ambulance and people were saying that he shot himself.
“He was with a group of men earlier so heavens know what he was planning to get up to be out with a gun.”
A police spokesman confirmed to the Times that offficers were not looking for anyone else in connection with incident.
Witnesses are asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.