Drinker shoots himself in Kilburn pub
- Credit: Archant
Man arrested following gun incident in The Golden Egg pub last night
A man has been arrested after shooting himself in his leg in a pub in Kilburn last night.
The drinker, who is in his late 20s, injured himself in The Golden Egg pub in Kilburn High Road.
His gun is believed to have gone off in the men’s toilets at around 8pm.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg and subsequently arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.
He is currently in police custody.
A drinker at the pub, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Times they were stopped from leaving the building for two hours while the police interviewed them all.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 8 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
He added: “I saw young white man wheeled into the ambulance and people were saying that he shot himself.
“He was with a group of men earlier so heavens know what he was planning to get up to be out with a gun.”
A police spokesman confirmed to the Times that offficers were not looking for anyone else in connection with incident.
Witnesses are asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.