Drinker shoots himself in Kilburn pub
- Credit: Archant
Man arrested following gun incident in The Golden Egg pub last night
A man has been arrested after shooting himself in his leg in a pub in Kilburn last night.
The drinker, who is in his late 20s, injured himself in The Golden Egg pub in Kilburn High Road.
His gun is believed to have gone off in the men’s toilets at around 8pm.
He was taken to hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg and subsequently arrested for illegal possession of a firearm.
You may also want to watch:
He is currently in police custody.
A drinker at the pub, who wishes to remain anonymous, told the Times they were stopped from leaving the building for two hours while the police interviewed them all.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
He added: “I saw young white man wheeled into the ambulance and people were saying that he shot himself.
“He was with a group of men earlier so heavens know what he was planning to get up to be out with a gun.”
A police spokesman confirmed to the Times that offficers were not looking for anyone else in connection with incident.
Witnesses are asked to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.