Dorset Police confirm that man murdered in Bournemouth is 21-year-old from Brent
Reece James-Menzies, from Wembley, was shot dead in notorious Boscombe area
Detectives have released the name of a Brent man who was gunned down in Bournemouth last week.
Reece James-Menzies, from Wembley, died after he was shot in the face at a flat in the notorious Boscombe area of the seaside town on July 25.
Detectives believe the 21-year-old was targeted in ‘a pre-mediated attack’ by gang members.
Last week Dorset police arrested a 22-year-old on suspicion of Mr James-Menzies’ murder.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Mr James-Menzies, who is known as ‘Stylie’, is believed to be a member of the Church Road Soldiers (CRS) – a gang known to operate out of the Church End estate in Harlesden.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
Boscombe is blighted with crime and has become a base for Somali drug dealers.
The detective leading the murder hunt believes Mr James was shot in the face by gang rivals.
Detective Chief Inspector Kevin Connolly said: “I consider this a pre-meditated and targeted attack by a number of offenders and I would like to reassure the public that we are taking every step to identify and apprehend those responsible.
“I would like to reassure the local community that there is no immediate concern for the safety of the public.”
“This is a significant event and it is going to affect many people’s lives. My aim is to stop any action like this, prevent it occurring and anybody else being affected.
“The only way I can do this is for people to come forward and to help us with our enquiries.
“We know that people were in the area but I need to establish exactly what they were doing.
Hundreds of tributes have been left to Mr James online buy his devastated friends. One user, who has a picture of CRS on their Twitter handle, posted the message: “R.I.P Zino, Stylie G.B.N.F”. Wayne Freckleton, a member of the Church Road Soldiers who was shot and killed in Ike’s Barbershop in Harlesden in 2008 was also known as Zino.
Police are calling for witnesses or anyone with information to call Dorset Police on 01202 22 22 22 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.