Dorset Police confirm that man murdered in Bournemouth is 21-year-old from Brent
Reece James-Menzies, from Wembley, was shot dead in notorious Boscombe area
Detectives have released the name of a Brent man who was gunned down in Bournemouth last week.
Reece James-Menzies, from Wembley, died after he was shot in the face at a flat in the notorious Boscombe area of the seaside town on July 25.
Detectives believe the 21-year-old was targeted in ‘a pre-mediated attack’ by gang members.
Last week Dorset police arrested a 22-year-old on suspicion of Mr James-Menzies’ murder.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Mr James-Menzies, who is known as ‘Stylie’, is believed to be a member of the Church Road Soldiers (CRS) – a gang known to operate out of the Church End estate in Harlesden.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
Boscombe is blighted with crime and has become a base for Somali drug dealers.
The detective leading the murder hunt believes Mr James was shot in the face by gang rivals.
Detective Chief Inspector Kevin Connolly said: “I consider this a pre-meditated and targeted attack by a number of offenders and I would like to reassure the public that we are taking every step to identify and apprehend those responsible.
“I would like to reassure the local community that there is no immediate concern for the safety of the public.”
“This is a significant event and it is going to affect many people’s lives. My aim is to stop any action like this, prevent it occurring and anybody else being affected.
“The only way I can do this is for people to come forward and to help us with our enquiries.
“We know that people were in the area but I need to establish exactly what they were doing.
Hundreds of tributes have been left to Mr James online buy his devastated friends. One user, who has a picture of CRS on their Twitter handle, posted the message: “R.I.P Zino, Stylie G.B.N.F”. Wayne Freckleton, a member of the Church Road Soldiers who was shot and killed in Ike’s Barbershop in Harlesden in 2008 was also known as Zino.
Police are calling for witnesses or anyone with information to call Dorset Police on 01202 22 22 22 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.