Dollis Hill man jailed for attacking ex-girlfriend’s new partner with metal bar
Leslie Bartlett stormed over to Edgware where he coshed 37-year-old victim over the head
A jealous thug who beat his ex-girlfriend’s new partner with a metal bar in a premeditated attack has been sent to jail.
Leslie Bartlett, of Oxgate Gardens, Dollis Hill, left his 37-year-old victim scarred for life after coshing him over the head in June last year.
The 50-year-old armed himself before storming to his former partner’s home in Edgware, where he attacked his victim in front of several witnesses.
His victim lost a significant amount of blood and suffered deep laceration to his scalp which required stitching.
You may also want to watch:
He has been left with a permanent scar.
Bartlett was convicted at Harrow Crown Court of Grievous Bodily Harm and jailed for six-and-a-half-years.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Inspirational Riz and child exploitation
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
DC Janine Stevenson, investigating officer, said: “This was a pre-planned and particularly violent attack, fuelled by Bartlett’s uncontrollable jealous rage, as a result of his ex girlfriend starting a new relationship with the victim.
“The courage and cooperation of the victim and all of the witnesses involved in this case was critical to this investigation, which subsequently led to a positive outcome at court and justice served.”