Dollis Hill man jailed for attacking ex-girlfriend’s new partner with metal bar
Leslie Bartlett stormed over to Edgware where he coshed 37-year-old victim over the head
A jealous thug who beat his ex-girlfriend’s new partner with a metal bar in a premeditated attack has been sent to jail.
Leslie Bartlett, of Oxgate Gardens, Dollis Hill, left his 37-year-old victim scarred for life after coshing him over the head in June last year.
The 50-year-old armed himself before storming to his former partner’s home in Edgware, where he attacked his victim in front of several witnesses.
His victim lost a significant amount of blood and suffered deep laceration to his scalp which required stitching.
He has been left with a permanent scar.
Bartlett was convicted at Harrow Crown Court of Grievous Bodily Harm and jailed for six-and-a-half-years.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Appeal: Boy, 13, missing from Brent since Monday
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 6 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 7 Alperton family with autistic son plead to be rehoused
- 8 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 9 Retired police boss: Sacking Met officers 'takes too long'
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
DC Janine Stevenson, investigating officer, said: “This was a pre-planned and particularly violent attack, fuelled by Bartlett’s uncontrollable jealous rage, as a result of his ex girlfriend starting a new relationship with the victim.
“The courage and cooperation of the victim and all of the witnesses involved in this case was critical to this investigation, which subsequently led to a positive outcome at court and justice served.”