Dollis Hill man arrested after submachine gun and £200,000 cash found in vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A Dollis Hill man has been charged with multiple offences after a vehicle was stopped by police and a submachine gun and cash found.
Azeem Ahktar, 29, of Cooper Road, was stopped by the Met’s Violent Crime Taskforce in Chapter Road on November 12.
He is remanded to appear at Harrow Crown Court on December 11, Scotland Yard said.
Mr Ahktar’s charges include “possession of a firearm of length less than 30cm / 60cm, prohibited weapon, namely a Scorpion submachine gun”.
He is also charged with possession of heroin with intent to supply the controlled Class A drug and possession with intent to supply cannabis resin (Class B).
You may also want to watch:
Police also seized a cash haul estimated to be in the region of £200,000.
Two other men – aged 29 and 30 – have been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 4 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants