Dollis Hill man arrested after submachine gun and £200,000 cash found in vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A Dollis Hill man has been charged with multiple offences after a vehicle was stopped by police and a submachine gun and cash found.
Azeem Ahktar, 29, of Cooper Road, was stopped by the Met’s Violent Crime Taskforce in Chapter Road on November 12.
He is remanded to appear at Harrow Crown Court on December 11, Scotland Yard said.
Mr Ahktar’s charges include “possession of a firearm of length less than 30cm / 60cm, prohibited weapon, namely a Scorpion submachine gun”.
He is also charged with possession of heroin with intent to supply the controlled Class A drug and possession with intent to supply cannabis resin (Class B).
You may also want to watch:
Police also seized a cash haul estimated to be in the region of £200,000.
Two other men – aged 29 and 30 – have been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 3 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 7 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 8 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 9 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 10 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club