Dollis Hill man arrested after submachine gun and £200,000 cash found in vehicle
- Credit: Archant
A Dollis Hill man has been charged with multiple offences after a vehicle was stopped by police and a submachine gun and cash found.
Azeem Ahktar, 29, of Cooper Road, was stopped by the Met’s Violent Crime Taskforce in Chapter Road on November 12.
He is remanded to appear at Harrow Crown Court on December 11, Scotland Yard said.
Mr Ahktar’s charges include “possession of a firearm of length less than 30cm / 60cm, prohibited weapon, namely a Scorpion submachine gun”.
He is also charged with possession of heroin with intent to supply the controlled Class A drug and possession with intent to supply cannabis resin (Class B).
You may also want to watch:
Police also seized a cash haul estimated to be in the region of £200,000.
Two other men – aged 29 and 30 – have been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden