Distraction thieves target blind woman, 86, in Willesden
The hunt is on to find two cowardly distraction thieves who targeted an elderly blind woman in Willesden.
The crooks struck after the 86-year-old victim had visited a bank in Walm Lane, with her carer, and cashed a cheque.
They were approached by a man and woman after driving down the road and one started talking to the carer and the other to the elderly woman.
The victim noticed the cash was missing from her bag when she got home.
The theft took place on March 11 at around 3.40pm but the details have only been released today by police who are appealing for information.
You may also want to watch:
Both are white, of Eastern European appearance and were aged between 30-35 years.
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent