Distraction burglary warning after spate in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council is asking residents to be vigilant following a spate of distraction burglaries in the borough.
Suspects have been posing as officials working for the council, and as engineers from utilities companies, as a way of being invited into homes.
The Times understands there were three incidents in Buckingham Road in Harlesden, over one weekend..
The council is urging residents to remain vigilant and look out for elderly neighbours who might fall foul of these thieves.
If you’re not sure, don’t open the door and never let an unsolicited caller into your home without a prior appointment.
You may also want to watch:
Always ask to see an identity card and check it carefully.
If in any doubt, use a number from a telephone directory or their official website and double check.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
Genuine callers will not mind waiting or coming back at a later date.