Distraction burglary warning after spate in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council is asking residents to be vigilant following a spate of distraction burglaries in the borough.
Suspects have been posing as officials working for the council, and as engineers from utilities companies, as a way of being invited into homes.
The Times understands there were three incidents in Buckingham Road in Harlesden, over one weekend..
The council is urging residents to remain vigilant and look out for elderly neighbours who might fall foul of these thieves.
If you’re not sure, don’t open the door and never let an unsolicited caller into your home without a prior appointment.
You may also want to watch:
Always ask to see an identity card and check it carefully.
If in any doubt, use a number from a telephone directory or their official website and double check.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
Genuine callers will not mind waiting or coming back at a later date.