Distraction burglary warning after spate in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council is asking residents to be vigilant following a spate of distraction burglaries in the borough.
Suspects have been posing as officials working for the council, and as engineers from utilities companies, as a way of being invited into homes.
The Times understands there were three incidents in Buckingham Road in Harlesden, over one weekend..
The council is urging residents to remain vigilant and look out for elderly neighbours who might fall foul of these thieves.
If you’re not sure, don’t open the door and never let an unsolicited caller into your home without a prior appointment.
Always ask to see an identity card and check it carefully.
If in any doubt, use a number from a telephone directory or their official website and double check.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
Genuine callers will not mind waiting or coming back at a later date.