Distraction burglary warning after spate in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent Council is asking residents to be vigilant following a spate of distraction burglaries in the borough.
Suspects have been posing as officials working for the council, and as engineers from utilities companies, as a way of being invited into homes.
The Times understands there were three incidents in Buckingham Road in Harlesden, over one weekend..
The council is urging residents to remain vigilant and look out for elderly neighbours who might fall foul of these thieves.
If you’re not sure, don’t open the door and never let an unsolicited caller into your home without a prior appointment.
You may also want to watch:
Always ask to see an identity card and check it carefully.
If in any doubt, use a number from a telephone directory or their official website and double check.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 I tabled my own alternative Coronavirus (No 2) Bill
Genuine callers will not mind waiting or coming back at a later date.