Distraction burglary trio steal £2k from elderly woman in Brent
- Credit: PA WIRE
Brent Police are hunting for three men who stole £2,000 from an elderly woman after posing as gas workers to trick their way into her home.
The cowardly trio are believed to have targeted their victim, who lives in the NW2 area of the borough, after researching the neighbourhood.
After gaining access, one of the burglars distracted the victim while the other two searched the property for money.
They left after they disturbed a second person who lived in the house.
The burglary took place on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 101 or Crime stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids