Distraction burglary trio steal £2k from elderly woman in Brent
- Credit: PA WIRE
Brent Police are hunting for three men who stole £2,000 from an elderly woman after posing as gas workers to trick their way into her home.
The cowardly trio are believed to have targeted their victim, who lives in the NW2 area of the borough, after researching the neighbourhood.
After gaining access, one of the burglars distracted the victim while the other two searched the property for money.
They left after they disturbed a second person who lived in the house.
The burglary took place on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call Brent Police on 101 or Crime stoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds