Distraction burglars target elderly woman in Willesden
Two men duped their way into victim’s home by pretending to be water board workers
The hunt is on to find two distraction burglars who targeted an elderly woman in Willesden yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The men duped their way into their victim’s home in Balmoral Road by claiming they were water board workers who needed to check her boiler.
Once she allowed them in they checked her taps while magaing to steal money from her property.
In a further auduaiosu attemot to steal her rings the victim was asked by the pair to take them off and place them on a shelve as they may be contaminated but she plput them in her pocket.
You may also want to watch:
DS Gordon McKay from Brent Police is appealing for information leading to the burglars who struck at 12pm.
He added: “These people often target the most vulnerable in our community and we need to send out the message that if people are not sure, do not let them in.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 5 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
“The method of asking people to remove jewellery seems to be on the increase and I would like to iterate that this is a scam and do not fall for it.”
Anyone with information shoudl call Brent Police 020 8733 3247 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.