Distraction burglars target elderly woman in Willesden
Two men duped their way into victim’s home by pretending to be water board workers
The hunt is on to find two distraction burglars who targeted an elderly woman in Willesden yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The men duped their way into their victim’s home in Balmoral Road by claiming they were water board workers who needed to check her boiler.
Once she allowed them in they checked her taps while magaing to steal money from her property.
In a further auduaiosu attemot to steal her rings the victim was asked by the pair to take them off and place them on a shelve as they may be contaminated but she plput them in her pocket.
You may also want to watch:
DS Gordon McKay from Brent Police is appealing for information leading to the burglars who struck at 12pm.
He added: “These people often target the most vulnerable in our community and we need to send out the message that if people are not sure, do not let them in.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
“The method of asking people to remove jewellery seems to be on the increase and I would like to iterate that this is a scam and do not fall for it.”
Anyone with information shoudl call Brent Police 020 8733 3247 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.