Distraction burglars target elderly woman in Willesden
Two men duped their way into victim’s home by pretending to be water board workers
The hunt is on to find two distraction burglars who targeted an elderly woman in Willesden yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).
The men duped their way into their victim’s home in Balmoral Road by claiming they were water board workers who needed to check her boiler.
Once she allowed them in they checked her taps while magaing to steal money from her property.
In a further auduaiosu attemot to steal her rings the victim was asked by the pair to take them off and place them on a shelve as they may be contaminated but she plput them in her pocket.
You may also want to watch:
DS Gordon McKay from Brent Police is appealing for information leading to the burglars who struck at 12pm.
He added: “These people often target the most vulnerable in our community and we need to send out the message that if people are not sure, do not let them in.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
“The method of asking people to remove jewellery seems to be on the increase and I would like to iterate that this is a scam and do not fall for it.”
Anyone with information shoudl call Brent Police 020 8733 3247 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.