Distraction burglars strike for a second time in Harlesden in a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on to find a pair of distraction burglars who forced their victim to hand over the jewellery she was wearing after tricking their way into her home in Harlesden.
The men pretended they were working for the water board and they needed to carry out some work at her house in Harlesden Road, on Tuesday between 5.30pm and 6pm.
Once inside they behaved aggressively towards the 60-year-old before pushing her and ordering her to remove her gold rings and earrings.
They then ransacked her house and stole more jewellery and cash before fleeing.
The men are both white, around 5ft8ins tall and were wearing a black shirt and black trousers.
You may also want to watch:
One was of a heavy build.
This attack comes exactly two weeks after an elderly woman in Manor Park Road, Harlesden, was targeted by three burglars who also claimed to be working for the water board.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 5 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
While she was running a tap in her kitchen the searched her home and stole two handbags containing £5,000.
Anyone with information about either incident should call Brent Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.