Distraction burglars strike for a second time in Harlesden in a fortnight
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on to find a pair of distraction burglars who forced their victim to hand over the jewellery she was wearing after tricking their way into her home in Harlesden.
The men pretended they were working for the water board and they needed to carry out some work at her house in Harlesden Road, on Tuesday between 5.30pm and 6pm.
Once inside they behaved aggressively towards the 60-year-old before pushing her and ordering her to remove her gold rings and earrings.
They then ransacked her house and stole more jewellery and cash before fleeing.
The men are both white, around 5ft8ins tall and were wearing a black shirt and black trousers.
One was of a heavy build.
This attack comes exactly two weeks after an elderly woman in Manor Park Road, Harlesden, was targeted by three burglars who also claimed to be working for the water board.
- 1 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 3 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 4 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 5 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 6 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 7 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 8 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 9 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 10 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
While she was running a tap in her kitchen the searched her home and stole two handbags containing £5,000.
Anyone with information about either incident should call Brent Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.