Distraction burglars steal £5k from elderly lady in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on two find three distraction burglars who stole £5,000 from an elderly woman in Harlesden.
The men pretended to be working for the water board to trick their way into the victim’s home in Manor Park Road, on March 10 at 10.30am.
Once inside two of them kept her distracted in her kitchen by running her taps and the third one went into her bedroom and stole three bags containing the cash.
Al three were white and aged between 25 to 30-years-old.
Detective Sergeant Owen White, from Brent’s Serious and Acquisitive Crime Unit, is warning residents to be aware of crooks posing as official workers.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to remind residents, especially the elderly, to always ask for identification and check with their suppliers before letting people into their homes.”
Anyone with information should contact Brent Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference 1905682/15.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods