Distraction burglars steal £5k from elderly lady in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on two find three distraction burglars who stole £5,000 from an elderly woman in Harlesden.
The men pretended to be working for the water board to trick their way into the victim’s home in Manor Park Road, on March 10 at 10.30am.
Once inside two of them kept her distracted in her kitchen by running her taps and the third one went into her bedroom and stole three bags containing the cash.
Al three were white and aged between 25 to 30-years-old.
Detective Sergeant Owen White, from Brent’s Serious and Acquisitive Crime Unit, is warning residents to be aware of crooks posing as official workers.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to remind residents, especially the elderly, to always ask for identification and check with their suppliers before letting people into their homes.”
Anyone with information should contact Brent Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference 1905682/15.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London