Distraction burglars steal £5k from elderly lady in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on two find three distraction burglars who stole £5,000 from an elderly woman in Harlesden.
The men pretended to be working for the water board to trick their way into the victim’s home in Manor Park Road, on March 10 at 10.30am.
Once inside two of them kept her distracted in her kitchen by running her taps and the third one went into her bedroom and stole three bags containing the cash.
Al three were white and aged between 25 to 30-years-old.
Detective Sergeant Owen White, from Brent’s Serious and Acquisitive Crime Unit, is warning residents to be aware of crooks posing as official workers.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to remind residents, especially the elderly, to always ask for identification and check with their suppliers before letting people into their homes.”
Anyone with information should contact Brent Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference 1905682/15.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai