Distraction burglars steal £5k from elderly lady in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on two find three distraction burglars who stole £5,000 from an elderly woman in Harlesden.
The men pretended to be working for the water board to trick their way into the victim’s home in Manor Park Road, on March 10 at 10.30am.
Once inside two of them kept her distracted in her kitchen by running her taps and the third one went into her bedroom and stole three bags containing the cash.
Al three were white and aged between 25 to 30-years-old.
Detective Sergeant Owen White, from Brent’s Serious and Acquisitive Crime Unit, is warning residents to be aware of crooks posing as official workers.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I would like to remind residents, especially the elderly, to always ask for identification and check with their suppliers before letting people into their homes.”
Anyone with information should contact Brent Police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference 1905682/15.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 I tabled my own alternative Coronavirus (No 2) Bill