Deadly arsenal of weapons seized in Brent during Operation Sceptre
- Credit: Archant
This baseball bat and deadly knuckleduster are just some of the weapons seized in Brent as part of a Met-wide clampdown on violent and knife crime across London.
Carried out throughout last week, Operation Sceptre saw officers team up with other agencies including Brent Council to carry out a series of operations including stop-and-searches, weapons sweep and test purchases at shops.
Results include a weapons sweeps in Stonebridge that uncovered a number of deadly knives and a stop-and-search which found a person concealing a serrated knife.
Officers also carried out a number of raids and visited schools to give talks about the consequences of knife-crime to pupils.
A total of 338 people were arrested across London, 67 of which were for possession of weapons/blades and of these 41 were gang members.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Chief Superintendent Kevin Southworth, head of Operation Sceptre, said: “Every weapon removed from circulation during Operation Sceptre reduces the chances of someone being injured, or even killed.
“Support from the public has been essential and we encourage the community to continue to tell us about those who carry knives, to surrender knives and to have conversations with their children about the danger of carrying knives.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'