Deadly arsenal including Mac 10 machine gun seized in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a Mac 10 machine gun, a large revolver and two rounds of ammunition after raiding an address in Willesden.
The deadly arsenal of weapons were found in a rucksack hidden in a garden shed at the property in Griffin Close, yesterday at 9.50pm.
An investigation is underway to find the owner of the weapons.
The discovery was made by officers from the Met’s Trident unit which specialises on cracking down on gang-related crimes.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident said: “The recovery of these dangerous weapons serves as a significant example of the covert methodology and proactive work carried out by Trident and firearms officers every day across London.
You may also want to watch:
“These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police.”
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates