Deadly arsenal including Mac 10 machine gun seized in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a Mac 10 machine gun, a large revolver and two rounds of ammunition after raiding an address in Willesden.
The deadly arsenal of weapons were found in a rucksack hidden in a garden shed at the property in Griffin Close, yesterday at 9.50pm.
An investigation is underway to find the owner of the weapons.
The discovery was made by officers from the Met’s Trident unit which specialises on cracking down on gang-related crimes.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident said: “The recovery of these dangerous weapons serves as a significant example of the covert methodology and proactive work carried out by Trident and firearms officers every day across London.
You may also want to watch:
“These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police.”
- 1 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town