Deadly arsenal including Mac 10 machine gun seized in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized a Mac 10 machine gun, a large revolver and two rounds of ammunition after raiding an address in Willesden.
The deadly arsenal of weapons were found in a rucksack hidden in a garden shed at the property in Griffin Close, yesterday at 9.50pm.
An investigation is underway to find the owner of the weapons.
The discovery was made by officers from the Met’s Trident unit which specialises on cracking down on gang-related crimes.
Acting Detective Chief Superintendent Gordon Allison, Head of Trident said: “The recovery of these dangerous weapons serves as a significant example of the covert methodology and proactive work carried out by Trident and firearms officers every day across London.
You may also want to watch:
“These weapons were destined for the hands of gang members and without doubt would have caused great harm if they had not been seized by the police.”
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 6 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 7 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 8 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal