Customer in Kilburn shop raided by ‘smash and grab’ robbers treated for shock
Pawnbrokers targeted 24 hours after identical theft in Brent Cross Shopping Centre
The manager of a store which was raided by three men on motorbikes in a smash and grab robbery has spoken out about the attack.
Albemarle & Bond Pawnbrokers in Kilburn High Road, Kilburn,was targeted by six robbers on motorbikes at around 10am yesterday.
Armed with axes the men smashed in the windows of the store before making off with thousands of pounds worth of watches and jewellery.
Dave Millard, the regional manager for the store said: “The men attacked one window each before smashing their way through and grabbing what they could. It was over very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“We are absolutely delighted no-one was injured, there was a customer in the store who we looked after and treated for shock.”
The raid came just 24 hours after an identical audacious robbery of a Fraser Hart jewellery store in Brent Cross Shopping Centre when three men on bikes stormed into the shopping centre before fleeing with up to �2m worth of goods.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 10 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
Mr Millard said: “We are doing a full stock take to understand the extent of the damage but at this time, it doesn’t appear to be a huge amount.”
A police spokesman told the Times it was too early to link the two robberies.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Mr Millard added: “We thank the police for their unbelievably quick response in coming to help us.”