Cricklewood sex assaults: Police appeal for help catching serial attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives in Brent have called on the public to help them apprehend a serial sex attacker.
Scotland Yard have connected 17 assaults in the Cricklewood area from between February and December this year, and are urging locals to come forward with information.
In the majority of incidents, the suspect – a black man of medium build in his 20s or 30s – has approached a lone woman walking from Willesden Green station in the early hours of the morning and attempted to chat to or hug them, before assaulting them.
Although cops have made four arrests, they are yet to charge anyone.
Det Sgt Neal Heffernan said: “I would continue to urge anyone with information to call police. It is also possible that there are further victims who, as yet, have not reported the crimes. I would encourage them to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Patrols in the area have been increased.
Can you help? Call Brent CID on 07747 476161 or via 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 9 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 10 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols