Cricklewood sex assaults: Police appeal for help catching serial attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives in Brent have called on the public to help them apprehend a serial sex attacker.
Scotland Yard have connected 17 assaults in the Cricklewood area from between February and December this year, and are urging locals to come forward with information.
In the majority of incidents, the suspect – a black man of medium build in his 20s or 30s – has approached a lone woman walking from Willesden Green station in the early hours of the morning and attempted to chat to or hug them, before assaulting them.
Although cops have made four arrests, they are yet to charge anyone.
Det Sgt Neal Heffernan said: “I would continue to urge anyone with information to call police. It is also possible that there are further victims who, as yet, have not reported the crimes. I would encourage them to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Patrols in the area have been increased.
Can you help? Call Brent CID on 07747 476161 or via 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 7 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 8 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury