Cricklewood sex assaults: Police appeal for help catching serial attacker
- Credit: Archant
Detectives in Brent have called on the public to help them apprehend a serial sex attacker.
Scotland Yard have connected 17 assaults in the Cricklewood area from between February and December this year, and are urging locals to come forward with information.
In the majority of incidents, the suspect – a black man of medium build in his 20s or 30s – has approached a lone woman walking from Willesden Green station in the early hours of the morning and attempted to chat to or hug them, before assaulting them.
Although cops have made four arrests, they are yet to charge anyone.
Det Sgt Neal Heffernan said: “I would continue to urge anyone with information to call police. It is also possible that there are further victims who, as yet, have not reported the crimes. I would encourage them to come forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Patrols in the area have been increased.
Can you help? Call Brent CID on 07747 476161 or via 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat