Cricklewod murder: Trial date set for man accused of killing Usha Patel
- Credit: Archant
A trial date has been set for a man accused of the murder of a mother from Cricklewood he met on an online dating site.
Miles Donnelly, 34, is said to have stabbed and strangled Usha Patel, 44, at the flat she shared with her five-year-old autistic son in Melrose Avenue, on October 8.
Today he appeared at the Old Bailey where he did not enter a plea to a charge of murder and an allegation of causing actual bodily harm to Rosie Ferringo.
Donnelly, who is also known as Miles Ryan, appeared via a video link from Wormwood Scrubs prison and spoke only to confirm his identity.
He is due to enter pleas on January 4 and will his two week trial is set to start on February 17.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody until then.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants