Craig Small killing: Mother’s appeal as police release name of man gunned down in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
The grieving mother of a father gunned down in Wembley is appealing to the public to come forward with information.
Police investigating a fatal shooting in Harrow Road on Friday have today named Craig Small, a 32-year-old from Wembley.
Emergency services were scrambled to Monks Park at 8.10pm where they found Craig with gunshot injuries.
He was rushed to a north London hospital but he died a short while later.
In a tribute to her beloved son, his mum Carol said: "Craig meant everything to us.
You may also want to watch:
He was a loving son, a father, an uncle, he was a peace maker. He was the soul of the family, he lit up the room and now the light has gone.
"Our family are broken by this, we urge everyone with information to come forward. Silence empowers this violence."
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 6 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 7 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 10 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
She added: "It is time for this to stop, we need to stand together to put an end to this. Please can anyone who knows anything come forward, we need to stand up now.
"Craig had a past but he had changed his life for the better, he was moving in the right direction.
"His life has been taken senselessly, he did nothing to deserve this."
A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
Detectives from the Met's murder squad are investigating with police in Brent.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Det Chf Insp Helen Rance said: "A young man has been shot and killed and we need the public's help to find those responsible and Craig's family need the support of the community.
"People need to come forward and tell us what they saw, or what they know about these terrible events. We have specialist officers standing by to take your call and offer their support."
She urged the public:
"If you want, you can call Crimestoppers and you do not have to tell them who you are, but I would implore anyone with information to make that call. We all need to rise to the challenge and bring Craig's killers to justice."
Anyone with information can call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or dial 101 quoting CAD 9128/5July or tweet information via @MetCC.
Two days after Craig's murder, a second man, named locally as 26-year-old Kwasi Mensah-Ababio, was found dead in Monks Park.
A murder investigation has been launched. Call the same number and quote CAD 6884/07JUL.