Cops appeal for help to find QPR and Millwall football thugs
Detectives release images of four men they would like to speak to in connection with brawl
DETECTIVES are appealing for help from Times readers to identify four men they would like to speak to in connection with a brawl between rival football fans.
The match between QPR v Millwall culminated in a violent clash after Rangers fans are claimed to have thrown missiles at their rivals as they left The New Den last month.
Despite a heavy police presence, the QPR supporters hurled coins and plastic bottles, they also tore off plastic sheeting from the segregation gate.
One Millwall fan was arrested at the time but police have released the iamges of four men they would like to speak to. The men, one a QPR fan and the other three Millwall fans, are wanted by Lewisham police due to their alleged behaviour during the melee.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Chris Wood, from Lewisham Borough said: “The behaviour of those fans involved in this disorder was atrocious and could have led to fans and families being seriously injured.
“We appeal to the public to assist us in finding these men. If you know who they are please call us.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
“These people ruin the experience for genuine fans that just want to come and see their team play, and can ruin the reputation of the football club - they deserve to face the consequences.”
If anyone has information please call Lewisham police on 0300 123 1212 you Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.