Company director in court accused of raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director has appeared in court accused of raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Willesden.
John Mandeng, 47, allegedly attacked the child at a property between January 2005 and December 2006.
He has yet to enter his pleas to two charges of assaulting a girl under the age of 13 and one charge of rape.
Today he appeared in Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Wandsworth sporting a padded cream gillet and a burgundy top and spoke only to confirm his name.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on September 30 to enter his pleas.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Peter Testar said: “If your plea is not guilty then further arrangements will be made as far as the future of the trial is concerned.”
The trial, which is expected to last for five days, is fixed for 14 December.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his photo shows him posing with Barack Obama.