Company director in court accused of raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director has appeared in court accused of raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Willesden.
John Mandeng, 47, allegedly attacked the child at a property between January 2005 and December 2006.
He has yet to enter his pleas to two charges of assaulting a girl under the age of 13 and one charge of rape.
Today he appeared in Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Wandsworth sporting a padded cream gillet and a burgundy top and spoke only to confirm his name.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on September 30 to enter his pleas.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Peter Testar said: “If your plea is not guilty then further arrangements will be made as far as the future of the trial is concerned.”
The trial, which is expected to last for five days, is fixed for 14 December.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his photo shows him posing with Barack Obama.