Company director in court accused of raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director has appeared in court accused of raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Willesden.
John Mandeng, 47, allegedly attacked the child at a property between January 2005 and December 2006.
He has yet to enter his pleas to two charges of assaulting a girl under the age of 13 and one charge of rape.
Today he appeared in Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Wandsworth sporting a padded cream gillet and a burgundy top and spoke only to confirm his name.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on September 30 to enter his pleas.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Peter Testar said: “If your plea is not guilty then further arrangements will be made as far as the future of the trial is concerned.”
The trial, which is expected to last for five days, is fixed for 14 December.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his photo shows him posing with Barack Obama.