Company director in court accused of raping girl, 12, in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
An American company director has appeared in court accused of raping and molesting a 12-year-old girl in Willesden.
John Mandeng, 47, allegedly attacked the child at a property between January 2005 and December 2006.
He has yet to enter his pleas to two charges of assaulting a girl under the age of 13 and one charge of rape.
Today he appeared in Southwark Crown Court via videolink from HMP Wandsworth sporting a padded cream gillet and a burgundy top and spoke only to confirm his name.
Mandeng, of no fixed address, is in custody and will next appear at Southwark Crown Court on September 30 to enter his pleas.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Peter Testar said: “If your plea is not guilty then further arrangements will be made as far as the future of the trial is concerned.”
The trial, which is expected to last for five days, is fixed for 14 December.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
On his LinkedIn profile he boasts he is the executive director at Joman Group and his photo shows him posing with Barack Obama.