Communities in Brent can apply for funding to combat knife crime
- Credit: Archant
Communities in Brent have a week to apply for grants to help them in their work to combat youth crime.
The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) launched a Knife Crime Community Seed Fund to support communities disproportionately affected by knife crime.
Groups have until December 21 to apply for a share of the £250,000 which has been made available to fund activities and provide support services for young people engaged in knife crime.
Fatal stabbings in Brent this year include the death of school boy Quamari Serunkuma Barnes, 15, outside Capital City Academy, Doyle Gardens, Willesden, on January 23.
Student Djodjo Nsaka,19. collapsed outside his halls of residence after being stabbed in Rutherford Way, Wembley on 20 January.
You may also want to watch:
Crispin Siddon, 34, the rapper Skeng, was also fatally stabbed in Cutz Barbers Shop, Craven Park Road on May 5.
Mopac is inviting bids for funding for projects of up to £50,000 with no minimum limit for applications. It will consider bids for up to £100,000 for projects which collaborate between partners and across a minimum of two priority knife crime boroughs.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
The deadline for completed applications including all supporting documents is 5pm, December 21.
For more information click here