Colindale man who abused Northern line passengers is jailed and given behaviour order
- Credit: Archant
A Colindale man who waged a campaign of abuse against staff and passengers on Northern Line trains was sent to prison for one day last week before becoming the first man from the area to be issued with a Criminal Behaviour Order.
Emmanuel Lake, 36, of The Hyde, had a history of hurling abuse at passengers and underground staff at Colindale, Golders Green and Camden underground stations.
Last Tuesday he was sent to prison for 24 hours after he was sentenced for three public order offences including racial abuse.
Officers from Colindale also said Lake had repeatedly flouted the terms of a Community Protection notice in addition to a Community Protection Warning.
Highbury Magistrates Court also issued Lake with the first joint force Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) to be handed out by Colindale Police, banning him from “behaving in a way likely…to cause any person to fear for safety” and begging at stations.
You may also want to watch:
Lake faces a six-month jail sentence if he breaks any of the conditions attached to the order.
Speaking after the CBO was issued, PC Bolton from Colindale’s neighbourhood policing team (NPT) said: “Colindale NPT is here to try and ensure that the area is respected and enjoyable to live, visit or work in.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 4 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 5 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
“We try out utmost to work together to ensure that our law-abiding residents are looked after and not made to suffer by the disrespectful actions of the few.
“This CBO is the result of a fantastic co-working with officers from the British Transport Police, Northern Line north team and their offender management team.”