Colindale man denies pleasuring himself in Oxford Street branch of Topshop
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Colindale has appeared in court to deny using a hole in his pocket to pleasure himself in front of shoppers in a busy Oxford Street branch of Topshop.
Dorel Apuscasitei of Gaydon Lane, is alleged to have been seen touching himself the flagship Topshop by shoppers on June 18, Westminster Magistrates’ court heard today.
Apuscasitei, originally from Romania, was arrested at the scene by a female police officer after two men reported his behaviour.
Apuscasitei admits that he had a hole - but denies he intentionally placed any part of his body into it for sexual purposes.
Appearing in court in a blue padded jacket and jeans, Apuscasitei spoke through an interpreter only to confirm his name and address.
You may also want to watch:
This was the sixth time the hearing had been listed before it is due for trial next month as he has changed solicitors three times.
The judge told him: “If you change your solicitors again the trial may not be able to go ahead which will be to your detriment.”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
Apuscasitei left court with his solicitor and a female companion.
He is due to stand trial on November 6 at Blackfriars Crown Court for outraging public decency.
He denies the charge.