Colindale man denies pleasuring himself in Oxford Street branch of Topshop
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Colindale has appeared in court to deny using a hole in his pocket to pleasure himself in front of shoppers in a busy Oxford Street branch of Topshop.
Dorel Apuscasitei of Gaydon Lane, is alleged to have been seen touching himself the flagship Topshop by shoppers on June 18, Westminster Magistrates’ court heard today.
Apuscasitei, originally from Romania, was arrested at the scene by a female police officer after two men reported his behaviour.
Apuscasitei admits that he had a hole - but denies he intentionally placed any part of his body into it for sexual purposes.
Appearing in court in a blue padded jacket and jeans, Apuscasitei spoke through an interpreter only to confirm his name and address.
This was the sixth time the hearing had been listed before it is due for trial next month as he has changed solicitors three times.
The judge told him: “If you change your solicitors again the trial may not be able to go ahead which will be to your detriment.”
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
Apuscasitei left court with his solicitor and a female companion.
He is due to stand trial on November 6 at Blackfriars Crown Court for outraging public decency.
He denies the charge.