Colindale man denies pleasuring himself in Oxford Street branch of Topshop
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Colindale has appeared in court to deny using a hole in his pocket to pleasure himself in front of shoppers in a busy Oxford Street branch of Topshop.
Dorel Apuscasitei of Gaydon Lane, is alleged to have been seen touching himself the flagship Topshop by shoppers on June 18, Westminster Magistrates’ court heard today.
Apuscasitei, originally from Romania, was arrested at the scene by a female police officer after two men reported his behaviour.
Apuscasitei admits that he had a hole - but denies he intentionally placed any part of his body into it for sexual purposes.
Appearing in court in a blue padded jacket and jeans, Apuscasitei spoke through an interpreter only to confirm his name and address.
This was the sixth time the hearing had been listed before it is due for trial next month as he has changed solicitors three times.
The judge told him: “If you change your solicitors again the trial may not be able to go ahead which will be to your detriment.”
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 8 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
Apuscasitei left court with his solicitor and a female companion.
He is due to stand trial on November 6 at Blackfriars Crown Court for outraging public decency.
He denies the charge.