Colindale man denies pleasuring himself in Oxford Street branch of Topshop
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Colindale has appeared in court to deny using a hole in his pocket to pleasure himself in front of shoppers in a busy Oxford Street branch of Topshop.
Dorel Apuscasitei of Gaydon Lane, is alleged to have been seen touching himself the flagship Topshop by shoppers on June 18, Westminster Magistrates’ court heard today.
Apuscasitei, originally from Romania, was arrested at the scene by a female police officer after two men reported his behaviour.
Apuscasitei admits that he had a hole - but denies he intentionally placed any part of his body into it for sexual purposes.
Appearing in court in a blue padded jacket and jeans, Apuscasitei spoke through an interpreter only to confirm his name and address.
You may also want to watch:
This was the sixth time the hearing had been listed before it is due for trial next month as he has changed solicitors three times.
The judge told him: “If you change your solicitors again the trial may not be able to go ahead which will be to your detriment.”
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
Apuscasitei left court with his solicitor and a female companion.
He is due to stand trial on November 6 at Blackfriars Crown Court for outraging public decency.
He denies the charge.