Colindale man denies pleasuring himself in Oxford Street branch of Topshop
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Colindale has appeared in court to deny using a hole in his pocket to pleasure himself in front of shoppers in a busy Oxford Street branch of Topshop.
Dorel Apuscasitei of Gaydon Lane, is alleged to have been seen touching himself the flagship Topshop by shoppers on June 18, Westminster Magistrates’ court heard today.
Apuscasitei, originally from Romania, was arrested at the scene by a female police officer after two men reported his behaviour.
Apuscasitei admits that he had a hole - but denies he intentionally placed any part of his body into it for sexual purposes.
Appearing in court in a blue padded jacket and jeans, Apuscasitei spoke through an interpreter only to confirm his name and address.
You may also want to watch:
This was the sixth time the hearing had been listed before it is due for trial next month as he has changed solicitors three times.
The judge told him: “If you change your solicitors again the trial may not be able to go ahead which will be to your detriment.”
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 7 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 8 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 9 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
- 10 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
Apuscasitei left court with his solicitor and a female companion.
He is due to stand trial on November 6 at Blackfriars Crown Court for outraging public decency.
He denies the charge.