Wembley bowls club Century Bowling and Sports Club to offer free taster sessions at open day
- Credit: Archant
People can try their hand at bowls when a Wembley sports club hosts an open day on September 28.
The management at Century Bowling & Sports Club, in Logan Road, is urging the community to check out its facilities and enjoy free coaching sessions, at an event which will run from 10am to 4pm.
All ages are welcomes at the club, which offers indoor and outdoor bowling all year round.
A spokesperson said: "Come and try your hand at the enjoyable and healthy sport of lawn bowls. At Century you can bowl all year round on our indoor and outdoor all-weather bowling greens. We have an active social section and excellent facilities."
A bar will be open and offering refreshments. As well as competitions the club also hosts regular social events.
You may also want to watch:
It was founded in 1928 but it didn't open to women until 1990.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Inspirational Riz and child exploitation
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden