Wembley bowls club Century Bowling and Sports Club to offer free taster sessions at open day
- Credit: Archant
People can try their hand at bowls when a Wembley sports club hosts an open day on September 28.
The management at Century Bowling & Sports Club, in Logan Road, is urging the community to check out its facilities and enjoy free coaching sessions, at an event which will run from 10am to 4pm.
All ages are welcomes at the club, which offers indoor and outdoor bowling all year round.
A spokesperson said: "Come and try your hand at the enjoyable and healthy sport of lawn bowls. At Century you can bowl all year round on our indoor and outdoor all-weather bowling greens. We have an active social section and excellent facilities."
A bar will be open and offering refreshments. As well as competitions the club also hosts regular social events.
You may also want to watch:
It was founded in 1928 but it didn't open to women until 1990.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED