Appeal after woman suffered serious sex attack on Alperton towpath
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have released images of two men they wish to speak to after a woman in her 50s was sexually assaulted on Alperton canal towpath.
Police said two alleged attackers fled after being interrupted by a passerby who heard the woman crying for help as she was being assaulted in bushes on the Grand Union Canal towpath off Ealing Road.
A police spokesman said: “The woman had been walking along and it is believed she was forced into the bushes and sexually assaulted.
“A witness was alerted after hearing a woman’s cry for help on the towpath. When the witness went to see what was happening they found the victim, a woman in her 50’s, in the bushes and partially unclothed.”
“Two men ran from the scene as the witness approached.”
You may also want to watch:
The incident happened at 12.38am on September 10 but following investigations, police have just released CCTV images of two men they wish to speak to following the incident
There have been no arrests and detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Command are investigating.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 3 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 7 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 10 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
Witnesses or anyone with any information are being asked to call detectives on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org