CCTV footage shows man being attacked on bus in Harlesden because he didn’t have a lighter
- Credit: Archant
This shocking CCTV footage shows a thug repeatedly punching a man on a bus in Harlesden because he did not have a lighter.
The attacker shouted at his victim for five minutes before reining a number of blows leaving him needing hospital treatment for a bloody nose and cuts to his lip.
The victim was attacked on the 18 bus in the High Street after he told the man he did not smoke when asked for a lighter.
The same man is believed to be behind a second attack 45 minutes later on another number 18 bus travelling in the opposite direction in Marylebone.
A father travelling with his daughter was punched and headbutted on Marylebone Road.
You may also want to watch:
When the victim asked the driver to stop the bus and got off his attacker followed him until members of the public intervened.
He fled the scene.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
Police released the footage today as part of an appeal to trace the man who carried out the attacks on September 26 at 1.55pm and 2.40pm.
Anyone with information about who the attacker should call PC Andrew Barrenger on 07826 536183, via 101 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.