CCTV footage shows man being attacked on bus in Harlesden because he didn’t have a lighter
- Credit: Archant
This shocking CCTV footage shows a thug repeatedly punching a man on a bus in Harlesden because he did not have a lighter.
The attacker shouted at his victim for five minutes before reining a number of blows leaving him needing hospital treatment for a bloody nose and cuts to his lip.
The victim was attacked on the 18 bus in the High Street after he told the man he did not smoke when asked for a lighter.
The same man is believed to be behind a second attack 45 minutes later on another number 18 bus travelling in the opposite direction in Marylebone.
A father travelling with his daughter was punched and headbutted on Marylebone Road.
You may also want to watch:
When the victim asked the driver to stop the bus and got off his attacker followed him until members of the public intervened.
He fled the scene.
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 6 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital
- 10 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
Police released the footage today as part of an appeal to trace the man who carried out the attacks on September 26 at 1.55pm and 2.40pm.
Anyone with information about who the attacker should call PC Andrew Barrenger on 07826 536183, via 101 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.