CCTV footage shows man being attacked on bus in Harlesden because he didn’t have a lighter
- Credit: Archant
This shocking CCTV footage shows a thug repeatedly punching a man on a bus in Harlesden because he did not have a lighter.
The attacker shouted at his victim for five minutes before reining a number of blows leaving him needing hospital treatment for a bloody nose and cuts to his lip.
The victim was attacked on the 18 bus in the High Street after he told the man he did not smoke when asked for a lighter.
The same man is believed to be behind a second attack 45 minutes later on another number 18 bus travelling in the opposite direction in Marylebone.
A father travelling with his daughter was punched and headbutted on Marylebone Road.
When the victim asked the driver to stop the bus and got off his attacker followed him until members of the public intervened.
He fled the scene.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 6 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 9 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 10 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
Police released the footage today as part of an appeal to trace the man who carried out the attacks on September 26 at 1.55pm and 2.40pm.
Anyone with information about who the attacker should call PC Andrew Barrenger on 07826 536183, via 101 or alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.