CCTV issued after man assaulted by robber on Wembley bus
- Credit: Archant
A CCTV image has been released after a man was robbed and assaulted on a bus in Wembley in a “sudden and violent attack”.
At about 8.15pm on July 19, a 33-year-old man was assaulted as he boarded a 483 bus in Ealing Road.
The perpetrator stole the victim’s wallet and a fight ensued which saw the pair end up at the back of the bus.
Forced into a seat, the attacker knocked the victim to the floor and stamped on his head before fleeing the scene.
Although the victim suffered cuts and bruising on his head, he did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Met Police officers are searching for the man in the image as they believe he can help with their investigation.
They have not yet made any arrests.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
PC Nick Kortright, from the Roads and Transport Policing Command, said: “Although the injuries sustained were not serious ones, this was a sudden and violent attack that left the victim severely shaken.
“We need the public’s help to identify the man in the image - please contact us as soon as possible if you have any information.”
Anyone with information should call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting reference CAD 7931/19July.
Alternatively, contact independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.