Cannabis factory discovered in Kilburn flat
Police raid address in Winterleys, Albert Road, this morning
Police have nipped a potential cannabis factory in the bud after raiding a flat in Kilburn this morning.
Officers stormed the address in Winterleys, Albert Road, following reports from residents of a strong smell.
They discovered a zip up tent in the bedroom containing nine cannabis plants in early stages of growth and hydroponic equipment used to grow the plants.
All the equipment and plants were seized.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old man was arrested for possession and cultivation of cannabis
Sergeant Graeme Day, from Kilburn and Queens Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Due to the local residents concerns we were able to act immediately to stop this crop being harvested.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 9 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
“We have built a strong relationship with the local community and if it was not for their help in providing us with this information we would not have got this great result.”