Cannabis factory discovered in Kilburn flat
Police raid address in Winterleys, Albert Road, this morning
Police have nipped a potential cannabis factory in the bud after raiding a flat in Kilburn this morning.
Officers stormed the address in Winterleys, Albert Road, following reports from residents of a strong smell.
They discovered a zip up tent in the bedroom containing nine cannabis plants in early stages of growth and hydroponic equipment used to grow the plants.
All the equipment and plants were seized.
You may also want to watch:
A 23-year-old man was arrested for possession and cultivation of cannabis
Sergeant Graeme Day, from Kilburn and Queens Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Due to the local residents concerns we were able to act immediately to stop this crop being harvested.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
- 10 How shared ownership is helping first-time buyers step onto the property ladder in the capital
“We have built a strong relationship with the local community and if it was not for their help in providing us with this information we would not have got this great result.”