Cannabis factory discovered in Kilburn flat
Police raid address in Winterleys, Albert Road, this morning
Police have nipped a potential cannabis factory in the bud after raiding a flat in Kilburn this morning.
Officers stormed the address in Winterleys, Albert Road, following reports from residents of a strong smell.
They discovered a zip up tent in the bedroom containing nine cannabis plants in early stages of growth and hydroponic equipment used to grow the plants.
All the equipment and plants were seized.
A 23-year-old man was arrested for possession and cultivation of cannabis
Sergeant Graeme Day, from Kilburn and Queens Park Safer Neighbourhoods Team, said: “Due to the local residents concerns we were able to act immediately to stop this crop being harvested.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 7 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 10 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
“We have built a strong relationship with the local community and if it was not for their help in providing us with this information we would not have got this great result.”