Businesses closed for the day following Wembley murder
Area cordoned off to allow forensic officers to look for clues
Businesses in Wembley have been forced to close for the day as forensic officers scour the area for clues following a murder this morning.
A the victim, a man in his 30s, was found suffering from serious head injuries following an assault in St John’s Road, at around 2.20am
He was rushed to Northwick Park Hospital where he died at 3.27am.
Detectives have cordoned off a large section of the street, which leads of the High Road and has a mixture of businesses and homes including a Job Centre.
Wahid Okera, 46, manager of Coco’s hair and Cosmetics on St John’s Road, said: “The police told me that all the staff working in the job centre has gone home. I am just hanging around with the hope that they will let us in.”
Unemployed Mocamol Anna Maria, 26, from Wembley, who had an appointment at the Job Centre today, said: “The police just told me that the job centre is closed and come tomorrow for my appointment.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 4 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 5 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 6 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 The Fellowship: Highly charged look at the children of Windrush
- 9 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
“I don’t know if tomorrow will be ok, because if today is my appointment and I can’t call them to tell them I can’t go. I don’t know.”
DI Mark Lawson, who is heading the murder hunt, is appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 39-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of murder this morning is being questioned by detectives.