Businesses closed for the day following Wembley murder
Area cordoned off to allow forensic officers to look for clues
Businesses in Wembley have been forced to close for the day as forensic officers scour the area for clues following a murder this morning.
A the victim, a man in his 30s, was found suffering from serious head injuries following an assault in St John’s Road, at around 2.20am
He was rushed to Northwick Park Hospital where he died at 3.27am.
Detectives have cordoned off a large section of the street, which leads of the High Road and has a mixture of businesses and homes including a Job Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Wahid Okera, 46, manager of Coco’s hair and Cosmetics on St John’s Road, said: “The police told me that all the staff working in the job centre has gone home. I am just hanging around with the hope that they will let us in.”
Unemployed Mocamol Anna Maria, 26, from Wembley, who had an appointment at the Job Centre today, said: “The police just told me that the job centre is closed and come tomorrow for my appointment.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
“I don’t know if tomorrow will be ok, because if today is my appointment and I can’t call them to tell them I can’t go. I don’t know.”
DI Mark Lawson, who is heading the murder hunt, is appealing for anyone with information to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 39-year-old who was arrested on suspicion of murder this morning is being questioned by detectives.