Burglars target the Kensal Rise home of X Factor judge Rita Ora
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Burglars targeted the Kensal Rise home of X Factor judge Rita Ora less than a week after before thieves struck at Simon Cowell’s mansion in Holland Park, it has been revealed.
Thieves broke into the property in owned by the 25-year-old singer and stole cash, jewellery and electronics while a relative slept upstairs.
The burglary took place six days before a thief crept into Cowell’s £35million home which is around three miles from Ms Ora’s property.
The musician, who has lived in the Kensal Rise area since 1998, reportedly divides her time between the £1.3m semi-detached property and a town house in west London, although her whereabouts at the time of the burglary are unknown.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: “Police in Brent were called to an address in NW10 at 5.54am on Saturday November 28 following reports of a burglary.
“An investigation is under way. No arrests have been made.”
Officers were called to Cowell’s home in the early hours of December 4 to reports of a robbery while he slept upstairs with partner Lauren Silverman, 38, and their 21-month-old son Eric.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 4 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 5 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 6 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
- 9 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
A 37-year-old man was arrested later that day and questioned.
He was released on bail until a date in early January pending further inquiries.